Get Your Mind Right
1) One of the primary things we have to do to get our minds right is to break free of the _______________, boxed-in thinking of the world and switch over to the unlimited, perfect mindset that comes directly from God.
(Romans 12:2) And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.
2) In order to _________________ from thinking like the world to thinking like God, we have to rely totally on information coming from the Holy Spirit and not from our five physical senses or natural conditions.
(1 Corinthians 2:9) But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.
(1 Corinthians 2:10) But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God.
(1 Corinthians 2:11) For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God.
(1 Corinthians 2:12) Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.
(1 Corinthians 2:13) Which things also we speak, not in the words which man’s wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.
(1 Corinthians 2:14) But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.
(1 Corinthians 2:15) But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man.
(1 Corinthians 2:16) For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? But we have the mind of Christ.
3) Our minds remain in ________________ when we try to keep all of the laws taught by man, but we are totally set free when we trust in the power of the Holy Spirit, who is Jesus Christ, to think and live for us.
(2 Corinthians 3:14) But their minds were blinded: for until this day remaineth the same vail untaken away in the reading of the old testament; which vail is done away in Christ.
(2 Corinthians 3:15) But even unto this day, when Moses is read, the vail is upon their heart.
(2 Corinthians 3:16) Nevertheless when it shall turn to the Lord, the vail shall be taken away.
(2 Corinthians 3:17) Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.
4) It is important who we listen to when it comes to receiving the Word of God because our minds cannot transform if teachers are ___________________________ the truth because of demonic influence.
(2 Corinthians 4:2) But have renounced the hidden things of dishonesty, not walking in craftiness, nor handling the word of God deceitfully; but by manifestation of the truth commending ourselves to every man’s conscience in the sight of God.
(2 Corinthians 4:3) But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost:
(2 Corinthians 4:4) In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.
5) Our conversation and language has to change from talking about the old things we used to talk about and start talking based on __________________________ we are now receiving from the Holy Spirit.
(Ephesians 4:22) That ye put off concerning the former conversation the old man, which is corrupt according to the deceitful lusts;
(Ephesians 4:23) And be renewed in the spirit of your mind;
(Ephesians 4:24) And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness.
6) It is impossible to have a _____________________ mind without studying, meditating and speaking the Word of God.
(Hebrews 4:12) For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.
(Hebrews 4:13) Neither is there any creature that is not manifest in his sight: but all things are naked and opened unto the eyes of him with whom we have to do.
7) You have to refuse to allow your mind to focus on the past; but instead, focus only on the great things that are constantly being ________________________ to you by the Holy Spirit.
(Philippians 3:13) Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before,
(Philippians 3:14) I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.
(Philippians 3:15) Let us therefore, as many as be perfect, be thus minded: and if in any thing ye be otherwise minded, God shall reveal even this unto you.